Kids are bound to hear political rhetoric during election season. Welcoming their questions about the 2020 Presidential Election in the United States can help them understand the democratic process.
Here are 6 tips for parents who want to help their offspring understand democracy:
- Encourage their curiosity
- Explain the right to vote
- Display respect for all parties
- Prepare them to listen to peers’ opinions
- Ease their concerns about issues that could affect them directly
- Warn them about post-election responses
Read more about this topic here.